||Last Updated: Nov 12th, 2006 - 20:38:00
Snack Alliance, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy Protein in Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- Hermiston, OR -- September 25, 2006 -- Snack Alliance, Inc of Hermiston, Oregon, is voluntarily recalling approximately 32,000 cases of nacho flavored tortilla chips because they may contain undeclared soy protein. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy protein run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. Packages of Nacho flavored tortilla chips having a best by date (which can be found in the upper right hand corner of packages) prior to and including FEBRUARY 7, 2007 distributed in retail stores under the following brands:
* Laura Lynn Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips, 13 ounce package distributed in the Southeastern US
* Southern Home Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips, 13 ounce package distributed in the Southeastern US
* Filler Brand Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips, 1, 1.5, and 9 ounce packages distributed in Puerto Rico
* Kid Connection Nacho Flavored Tortilla chips as a component in Kid Connection variety snack sacks, 1 ounce packages with Julian code dates of 17706 to 19106 distributed nationally WAL-MART
* Food Lion Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips as a component in Food Lion variety snack sacks, 1 ounce packages distributed in the Eastern US
* Food Express Cantina Style Nacho Tortilla Chips, 16 ounce packages distributed in Ohio
There have been no consumer illnesses reported due to consumption of this product. The problem was discovered as a result of information obtained during a label review in which the soy protein was found to be in the seasoning that is applied on the tortilla chip. As a result, Snack Alliance has begun a full review of our supplied ingredients and will institute new policy and procedures for the receiving of ingredients.
The above products may be returned to the point of purchase for a full refund Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-800-665-3880.
© 2004-2005 by foodconsumer.org unless otherwise specified
Top of Page