Monday Oct 19, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- The Western diet has been linked to a higher risk of colorectal cancer. A new study in American Journal
Contact: Dawn Peterssciencenewsroom@wiley.com781-388-8408Wiley Drinking decaf coffee may be good for the liver Researchers from the National Cancer Institute report that decaffeinated coffee drinking may benefit liver health.
Contact: Sarah Yangscyang@berkeley.edu510-643-7741University of California - Berkeley@UCBerkeleyNews Grapefruit juice stems weight gain in mice fed a high-fat diet, study finds Berkeley — Fad diets come and go, ...
Contact: Sonya Gilpinsonya.email@example.com x75852Lawson Health Research Institute@lawsonresearch Probiotic yogurt could help protect against heavy metal poisoning Research shows probiotic strain prevents uptake of mercury and arsenic in ...
It has been ten years since a "hunter-terrorist" ruined deer season in Wisconsin. In the fall of 2004, instead of shooting deer, Chai Vang, a ...
Saturday Sep 20, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- S. Chen at Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China and colleagues published a review in Nutrition suggests that onion, scientifically ...
- FDA News for Health Professionals - 10-22-2014
- Addiction Therapy for Drugs, Alcohol, Caffeine, and Sugar
- "Organic" fish farmed in the ocean? No thanks
- Ebola: Expert Sounds Alarm Regarding Imperative, Yet Vastly Inadequate, Community Institution Mobilization
- Antibiotics may help Salmonella spread in infected animals, Stanford scientists learn
- Fresh milk keeps infections at bay
- Binge drinking in young men linked with increased risk of hypertension
- Diabetic men with low testosterone run higher risk of developing atherosclerosis
- High-fat meals could be more harmful to males than females
- Asbestos Likely More Widespread Than Previously Thought
- Viagra protects the heart beyond the bedroom
- Vitamin D prevents intestinal fibrosis in IBD
- Amygdalin Blocks Bladder Cancer Cell Growth In Vitro by Diminishing Cyclin A and cdk2
- New Film “Second Opinion” Exposes the Truth About a 40-Year Long Cover-Up of Laetrile Cancer Treatment
- Cancer Killing Foods | Episode 5 Tonight!
- Calcium/vitamin D supplements prevent hip fracture/osteoporosis
- Resveratrol supplements may prevent osteoporosis
- Fresh and Frozen Seafood: Selecting and Serving it Safely
- Response needed: 2,4-D approved
- Gov't Failed To Warn About Fluoride Harm To Black Community
- Foods to Avoid to Prevent Cancer | Episode 3 Tonight!
- Taking Down Monsanto. And while We're at It, Dow, too. - Newsletter 10-15-2014 from Organic Consumers Association
- Branched-chain amino acids may prevent diabetes mellitus, obesity
- Grape seed extract lowers blood sugar in diabetes mellitus
- Taurine supplements help diabetes mellitus
- N-3 PUFA Dietary supplements fight high blood pressure in non-diabetic patients
Researchers at University of Nevada School of Medicine in Las Vegas, Nevada reviews previous studies and find supplementation with certain amino acids can help diabetic ...
- Weight Loss Success: Lessons Learned from Studies of Successful Losers
- Study confirms efficacy of Hoodia gordonii as weight loss supplement
- Dietary fat affects outcome of breast cancer
- Some weight loss supplements OxyELITE Pro linked to acute hepatitis
Contact: Jeremy Moorejeremy.firstname.lastname@example.orgAmerican Association for Cancer Research@aacr Elevated cholesterol and triglycerides may increase the risk for prostate cancer recurrence PHILADELPHIA — Higher levels of total cholesterol and ...
- White House Plan to Address Antibiotic Resistance Is Too Weak to Protect Human Health
- GE crops and the chemical arms race - news from Center for Food Safety
- 243 chemicals have been recognized as carcinogens in the U.S.
- HHS Releases 13th Report on Carcinogens
Dear XXXX, The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, ignoring more than 60 members of Congress and a half a million citizens, late yesterday approved a deadly new ...
- Scientists Develop New Way to Make Food Ingredient from Rice Bran Oil
- Maltodextrin: Why don't I like it?
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- CDC study finds levels of trans-fatty acids in blood of U.S. white adults has decreased (PR)
Cited directly from FDA website The following table is provided on an interim basis, until the Animal Food GRAS Notices Inventory database is launched. The data ...
- Back to School Ideas and Easy Family Dinners
- Healthy Recipes: Red Chard with Shallots
- Parents Overwhelmingly Support Fruits and Vegetables in School Meals
- Healthy Recipes: Granola Fruit Squares
Sept. 19, 2014 Even Without Kids, Couples Eat Frequent Family Meals Study represents first comprehensive look at adult-only family meal patterns COLUMBUS, Ohio – Couples and other adult ...
- New York Apple Growers Partner with Wegmans to Introduce SnapDragon™ Apples this Fall
- Disney Guests Enjoy Healthy Chiquita Apple Bites at “Villains Unleashed” Event
- The non-stick and dishwasher safe breakfast gadget is now live on Kickstarter
- United Natural Trading LLC dba/ Woodstock Farms Manufacturing Issues Allergy Alert for Undeclared Peanuts in Asian 7 Rice Cracker Mix
Contact: Consumer: 1-888-820-2545 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — October 21, 2014 — Bailey Farms, Inc. of Oxford, NC is voluntarily recalling 6,215 pounds of Fresh Serrano Chile Peppers, because ...
- You Wouldn't Think - Newsletter 10-09-2014 from Organic Consumers Association
- Ireland May Be Next Country to End Fluoridation
- After Six Years of Inaction, Consumer Organizations Urge Feds to Implement Catfish Inspection Program
- Tell President Obama: Stop the Toxic Madness!
Dear XXXX, Where’s the logic? You can get a cheap GMO-filled Snickers bar at any corner store, but sometimes you have to travel miles ...
- Will Drinking Diet Soda Help You Lose Weight?
- Letter to editor: Ramazzini Caution
- Label Review Reveals Another Reason FDA Guidance Won’t Stop Misuse of Antibiotics in Livestock
- Allergy Alert Issued On Undeclared Peanut Allergen In Dairy Rich Chocolate Ice Cream
PRESS RELEASE JOIN THE NOODLE BOYCOTT Researchers from Baylor University Medical Center and Harvard School of Public Health have found that instant noodle consumption is linked to ...