Vegetarian and vegan diets lower the risk of heart disease, according to a study published in Public Health Nutrition. Researchers tracked the dietary habits of 592
An Pan and Frank B Hu states in the journal Future Medicine: "In summary, there is convincing evidence that higher red meat consumption is related to
Wednesday March 5, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study published March 4 in Cell Metabolism suggests that eating a high protein diet such as Atkins’s ...
Vegetarian diets support a healthy blood pressure, according to a review published in JAMA Internal Medicine. Researchers identified 39 studies which analyzed the dietary choices ...
Sunday Feb 09, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A study in Diabetologia suggests that yogurt consumption can help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The study ...
Thursday Jan 23, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study in PLOS One suggests omega-3 fatty acids particularly Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) can be more benefitial than ...
- Dental x-ray linked to brain tumors, thyroid cancer
- Animal Protein May Lead to Diabetes
- Diabetes Rates Increasing
- Are You Eating These Foods Full of Estrogen?
- L-Arginine helps type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Organic Veterans Join Farm Policy Research Group
- Copper Assoiciated with Alzheimer's Disease
- Russia Rejects GMOs, Will Grow Organic Food Instead - newsletter from Institute for Responsible Technology
- A High-Fat Diet Increases Risk of Breast Cancer
- Trans fat can cause type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Big Food might get its wish
- Send in the (Pro-GMO) Clowns - newsletter from Organic Consumers Association
- FDA Decision to Expand Food Irradiation Masks Weak Import Inspections
- Unlabeled GMO Salmon? Groups Call on FDA to Rein In Industry Claims
- Get the truth about GMOs
- Saturated fat intake may raise breast cancer risk
- Obesity Among Children Increases
- Online price basis tool for agricultural producers available from AgriLife Extension
- Albuquerque Memorial Calls For Statewide and National Labeling of GMOs
- Glucosamine helps logevity
- Beans Benefit Heart Health
- Is Milk as Good for You as Its Marketing Says?
- Study Finds Secret to Cutting Sugary Drink Use by Teens (PR)
- Fiber Can Reduce Colorectal Cancer Risk
- Are Soft Drinks Making You Fat? It's Not Just The Calories, Research Shows
- Animal Protein Linked to Early Death
Fruits and Vegetables May Prevent Early Death Increased intakes of fruits and vegetables may prevent early death, according to a review published online in the Journal of ...
- Even Modest Amounts of Meat Increase Risk for Diabetes
- Study examines probiotic use in preventing gastrointestinal disorders in infants (PR)
- Melatonin may slow tumor growth in certain breast cancers (PR)
- High folic acid promotes growth of breast cancer in rats (PR)
Sunday March 3, 2014 (foodconsumer.org) -- A new study in JAMA Internal Medicine suggests that consumption of added sugar can increase the risk of dying ...
- Organic Consumers Association Newsletter: The GMO Elephant in the Room
- Introducing the FAN Study Tracker
- Petition for removal of azodicarbonamide (ADA) from food
- Chronic aluminum intake causes Alzheimer's disease
APRIL 1, 2014 Dear Readers: Before we get to the very exciting news about the enthusiastic response to our appeal for groups to join the Worldwide Alliance ...
- Maltodextrin: Why don't I like it?
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- CDC study finds levels of trans-fatty acids in blood of U.S. white adults has decreased (PR)
- Boosts Disruptive Hormone by 1000% in 5 Days - Avoid This Eating Mistake
By Marcia Wood April 3, 2014 Some of today's popular baked goods might tomorrow contain a butter-like extract, derived from rice bran oil, as a partial replacement for margarine, butter ...
- Healthy Recipes: Brussels Sprout Slaw with Cranberries and Walnuts
- Healthy Recipes: ANZAC Cookies
- Curried Mustard Greens Are an Indian Adventure
- Healthy Recipes: Creamy Spinach
Dear Editorial, Spring is finally here, and with it the desire to lift your glass and toast to the warm weather ahead. Finish filing those taxes, ...
- Salami Type Products Recalled
- Colorado Firm Recalls Fettuccini Alfredo With Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens (PR)
- Oklahoma Firm Recalls Chicken Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens (PR)
- Public Meeting to Address Agenda Items for Codex Committee on Pesticide Residues
Recall -- Firm Press Release FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, ...
- Tell the EPA: Stop letting companies replace BPA with other toxic chemicals
- Farm, Ranch and Consumer Groups Applaud Federal Appeals Court COOL Ruling (PR)
- Fluorides Under Fire
- Big Food Bill Would Kill GMO Labeling
Dear Readers,Just as Spring holds the promise of a harvest in each seed we poke into soft earth, so does our project. It has evolved ...
- Allergy Alert Issued On Undeclared Peanut Allergen In Dairy Rich Chocolate Ice Cream
- Are You Eating These Unsavory Ingredients? Part Two
- Are You Eating These Unsavory Ingredients? Part One
- Are You Eating These Cruel Products? Part 2
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASETuesday, March 11, 2013 Label Review Reveals Another Reason FDA Guidance Won’t Stop Misuse of Antibiotics in Livestock Washington, D.C.— The practice of giving low ...