Apple Oat Muffins
(Makes 12 medium muffins)
1-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1-1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1-1/4 cups quick oats or oat bran
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 large apples, finely chopped
1 12-ounce can apple juice concentrate
1/2 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a large bowl, mix the flours, oats, spices, salt, and baking soda. Add the chopped apple along with the apple juice concentrate and raisins. Stir just enough to mix. Spoon batter into nonstick or lightly oil-sprayed muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes, or until tops bounce back when pressed lightly.
Recipe from Food for Life, by Neal Barnard, M.D.
Originally published on PCRM.org and republished with permission
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Anthocyanin helps prevent prostate cancer
- Earing highly antioxidative diet cuts pancreatic cancer risk
- Iron may affect gestational diabetes mellitus risk
- Got tested? You probably failed. - Newsletter 052816 from Organic Consumers Association
- Which cell phone is safer: GSM-based or CDMA-based?