Apple Oat Muffins
(Makes 12 medium muffins)
1-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1-1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1-1/4 cups quick oats or oat bran
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 large apples, finely chopped
1 12-ounce can apple juice concentrate
1/2 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a large bowl, mix the flours, oats, spices, salt, and baking soda. Add the chopped apple along with the apple juice concentrate and raisins. Stir just enough to mix. Spoon batter into nonstick or lightly oil-sprayed muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes, or until tops bounce back when pressed lightly.
Recipe from Food for Life, by Neal Barnard, M.D.
Originally published on PCRM.org and republished with permission
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Cold Soup is the Hottest Product Trend at BevNET Live Winter 2014 Conference
- Investigation: “Factory Farms” Producing Massive Quantities of Organic Milk and Eggs
- Caralluma fimbriata extract may prevent diabetes mellitus type 2 or insulin resistance
- Low glycemic diets may not improve cardiovascular outcomes when compared to high-glycemic diets
- 5 Ways to Amp Up your New Year’s Diet Resolution