Apple Oat Muffins
(Makes 12 medium muffins)
1-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1-1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1-1/4 cups quick oats or oat bran
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 large apples, finely chopped
1 12-ounce can apple juice concentrate
1/2 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a large bowl, mix the flours, oats, spices, salt, and baking soda. Add the chopped apple along with the apple juice concentrate and raisins. Stir just enough to mix. Spoon batter into nonstick or lightly oil-sprayed muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes, or until tops bounce back when pressed lightly.
Recipe from Food for Life, by Neal Barnard, M.D.
Originally published on PCRM.org and republished with permission
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Which eggs have recently been recalled?
- What temperature to Cook a Turkey - Safe Cooking
- Take Action! China and the GMO Tipping Point
- Over 1.3 Million Falsely Diagnosed with This Popular Test
- Grape seed extract lowers blood sugar in diabetes mellitus