Banana Pineapple Smoothie
Makes 2 servings
1 orange, peeled
1 cup frozen banana chunks
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1/2–1 cup soy- or rice milk
Cut orange in half and remove any seeds. Place it in a blender along with remaining ingredients and blend on high speed until thick and smooth.
Per serving (1/2 of recipe):
4 g protein
37 mg sodium
Recipe from Eat Right, Live Longer by Neal D. Barnard, M.D.; recipe by Jennifer Raymond M.S., R.D.
Originally published on PCRM.org and republished with permission
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Holt on: The Plant Protein Revolution: - New Book Urges West to Shift from Animal to Plant-Based Protein. The Results?...Literally Life-Changing!
- New Video: fluoride discussed on the Dr. Oz show
- Statement from Tom Stenzel, President and CEO, United Fresh Produce Association
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- Red meat may boost gestational diabetes mellitus risk