Banana Pineapple Smoothie
Makes 2 servings
1 orange, peeled
1 cup frozen banana chunks
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1/2–1 cup soy- or rice milk
Cut orange in half and remove any seeds. Place it in a blender along with remaining ingredients and blend on high speed until thick and smooth.
Per serving (1/2 of recipe):
4 g protein
37 mg sodium
Recipe from Eat Right, Live Longer by Neal D. Barnard, M.D.; recipe by Jennifer Raymond M.S., R.D.
Originally published on PCRM.org and republished with permission
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Could vitamin D work better than influenza vaccine?
- Investigation: “Factory Farms” Producing Massive Quantities of Organic Milk and Eggs
- 5 Ways to Amp Up your New Year’s Diet Resolution
- Caralluma fimbriata extract may prevent diabetes mellitus type 2 or insulin resistance
- Low glycemic diets may not improve cardiovascular outcomes when compared to high-glycemic diets