Healthy Recipes: Black Bean Fiesta Salad
This salad is great on top of any type of lettuce, served with chips, or eaten straight out of the bowl!
Makes 2 servings
2 cups cooked or canned low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups cooked corn kernels
1/4 cup minced red onion
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, minced
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Dash of cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
To make the salad, place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Per Serving: 394 calories; 2 g fat; 5% calories from fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g protein; 80 g carbohydrates; 13 g sugar; 21 g fiber; 158 mg sodium
Source: Power Foods for the Brain by Neal Barnard, M.D.; Recipe by Christine Waltermyer.
Please feel free to tailor PCRM recipes to suit your individual dietary needs.
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Baltimore City Council Unanimously Passes Resolution Calling for End to Overuse of Antibiotics on Factory Farms
- Farm Bureau Case Challenging EPA's Right to Share Factory Farm Data Dismissed
- FDA Updates for Health Professionals - 012915
- As Sweet as Kandy: Kandy Mountain Debuts 100% Pure, Sustainably Harvested Wild Palm Syrup
- Pesticides on Your Food? Not to Worry - Newsletter 012915 from Organic Consumers Association