Recipes: Nutty Fruitballs
(Makes about 30 pieces)
These yummy treats are made by grinding dried fruits and nuts in a heavy-duty food processor or food grinder and then rolling them into balls. You can vary the flavor by substituting different fruits.
1/3 cup pitted dates
2/3 cup raisins
2/3 cup golden raisins
2/3 cup dried apricots
2/3 cup dried figs
2/3 cup cashews
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup carob powder
Grind the dried fruits and nuts into small pieces in a food grinder or heavy-duty food processor. Add the peanut butter and carob powder, mixing thoroughly. Roll into balls the size of walnuts.
Recipe from Healthy Eating for Life for Children by Amy Lanou, Ph.D.
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Food & Water Watch Denounces Beef Imports From Brazil, Argentina
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- Groups Urge WHO to Set Safety Standards for Herbicide Glyphosate it Classified as Carcinogenic
- Elevated cholesterol and triglycerides may increase the risk for prostate cancer recurrence
- Maca root powder helps antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction
Rate this article