Recipes: Nutty Fruitballs
(Makes about 30 pieces)
These yummy treats are made by grinding dried fruits and nuts in a heavy-duty food processor or food grinder and then rolling them into balls. You can vary the flavor by substituting different fruits.
1/3 cup pitted dates
2/3 cup raisins
2/3 cup golden raisins
2/3 cup dried apricots
2/3 cup dried figs
2/3 cup cashews
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup carob powder
Grind the dried fruits and nuts into small pieces in a food grinder or heavy-duty food processor. Add the peanut butter and carob powder, mixing thoroughly. Roll into balls the size of walnuts.
Recipe from Healthy Eating for Life for Children by Amy Lanou, Ph.D.
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- High fructose corn syrup contains reactive dicarbonyls - study
- Total trans fat ban would save thousands of lives in UK in a year
- More antioxidants found in black rice than blueberries
- Monsanto “Science” Ignores Weed Killers Linked To Cancer
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
Rate this article