Recipes: Nutty Fruitballs
(Makes about 30 pieces)
These yummy treats are made by grinding dried fruits and nuts in a heavy-duty food processor or food grinder and then rolling them into balls. You can vary the flavor by substituting different fruits.
1/3 cup pitted dates
2/3 cup raisins
2/3 cup golden raisins
2/3 cup dried apricots
2/3 cup dried figs
2/3 cup cashews
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup carob powder
Grind the dried fruits and nuts into small pieces in a food grinder or heavy-duty food processor. Add the peanut butter and carob powder, mixing thoroughly. Roll into balls the size of walnuts.
Recipe from Healthy Eating for Life for Children by Amy Lanou, Ph.D.
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Wireless devices more harmful to children - new report
- Here is one reason why coffee prevents Alzheimer's disease
- Do statins increase and Mediterranean diet decrease the risk of breast cancer?
- Drinking tea helps weight loss or prevents obesity
- Wisconsin Firm Recalls Sausage Product Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergen
Rate this article