Recipes: Nutty Fruitballs
(Makes about 30 pieces)
These yummy treats are made by grinding dried fruits and nuts in a heavy-duty food processor or food grinder and then rolling them into balls. You can vary the flavor by substituting different fruits.
1/3 cup pitted dates
2/3 cup raisins
2/3 cup golden raisins
2/3 cup dried apricots
2/3 cup dried figs
2/3 cup cashews
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup carob powder
Grind the dried fruits and nuts into small pieces in a food grinder or heavy-duty food processor. Add the peanut butter and carob powder, mixing thoroughly. Roll into balls the size of walnuts.
Recipe from Healthy Eating for Life for Children by Amy Lanou, Ph.D.
- Vitamin D prevents a variety of diseases
- Vitamin D during pregnancy may cut risk of childhood cancers
- Ontario, Canada Firm Recalls Prosciutto Ham Product For Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- Resveratrol prevents HFCS-induced vascular insulin resistance
Rate this article