Recipes: Nutty Fruitballs
(Makes about 30 pieces)
These yummy treats are made by grinding dried fruits and nuts in a heavy-duty food processor or food grinder and then rolling them into balls. You can vary the flavor by substituting different fruits.
1/3 cup pitted dates
2/3 cup raisins
2/3 cup golden raisins
2/3 cup dried apricots
2/3 cup dried figs
2/3 cup cashews
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup carob powder
Grind the dried fruits and nuts into small pieces in a food grinder or heavy-duty food processor. Add the peanut butter and carob powder, mixing thoroughly. Roll into balls the size of walnuts.
Recipe from Healthy Eating for Life for Children by Amy Lanou, Ph.D.
- Is Milk Really Good for You? Many Say No
- What Temperature to Cook a Turkey - Safe Cooking
- Celiac disease may reduce risk for breast cancer, ovarian cancer, endometrial cancer?
- Fluoride damages memory, but selenium may help reduce the damage
- Zithromax and Januvia: Two Commonly-Prescribed Drugs Now Shown to Be Killing Patients
Rate this article