Recipes: Nutty Fruitballs
(Makes about 30 pieces)
These yummy treats are made by grinding dried fruits and nuts in a heavy-duty food processor or food grinder and then rolling them into balls. You can vary the flavor by substituting different fruits.
1/3 cup pitted dates
2/3 cup raisins
2/3 cup golden raisins
2/3 cup dried apricots
2/3 cup dried figs
2/3 cup cashews
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup carob powder
Grind the dried fruits and nuts into small pieces in a food grinder or heavy-duty food processor. Add the peanut butter and carob powder, mixing thoroughly. Roll into balls the size of walnuts.
Recipe from Healthy Eating for Life for Children by Amy Lanou, Ph.D.
(Send your news to [email protected], Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Pumpkin seed extract fights prostate cnacer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer
- What temperature to Cook a Turkey - Safe Cooking
- Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs): Ongoing Safety Review for Cancer Risk
- Desserts: Chocolate Pudding
- Raritan Pharmaceuticals Recalls Products Containing Belladonna Extract
Rate this article