Salad Recipes: Bean And Cabbage Salad
2 cups each, cooked* drained red kidney and garbanzo beans or one 16-oz. can each, drained
1⁄2 small head cabbage, cut into 1-inch cubes
1⁄4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped green pepper
5 slices bacon
Oil and Vinegar Dressing
Place beans, cabbage, onion and green pepper in large bowl; mix well. Pour Oil and Vinegar Dressing over bean mixture, tossing lightly to combine. Cover and chill 4 to 6 hours; stir occasionally. Cut bacon into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces and cook in large skillet until crisp; remove to absorbent paper. Toss vegetables before serving; garnish with bacon. Makes 6 servings.
OIL AND VINEGAR DRESSING
1/4 cup each oil and vinegar, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon each dry mustard and sugar, 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories-270, (From Fat-47%), Protein-10g, Carbohydrate-28g, Fat-14g, Sodium-632 mg, Potassium-506 mg, Dietary Fiber-9g, Calcium-72 mg, Iron-3mg, Vitamin A-97 iu, Vitamin C-34 mg, Cholesterol-4 mg
*For best results, soak and cook dry beans by preferred method.
Source: calbeans.org/republished with permission
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Whole Foods Market Voluntarily Recalls Packaged Raw Macadamia Nuts Due To Possible Health Risk
- Conway Import Co., Inc. is Voluntarily Recalling Conway Organic Sesame Ginger Dressing and Conway Citrus Organic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Prolainat Voluntarily Recalls Trader Joe’s A Dozen Sweet Bites Due to Undeclared Coconut
- Hines Nut Company Voluntary WALNUT HALVES AND PIECES Due to Possible Health Risk Recalls
- Organic Stakeholders Sue USDA Over Allegedly Illegal Power Grab
Rate this article