Salad Recipes: Bean Chicken Salad
2 cups cooked chicken, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 cups cooked*, drained red kidney or pink beans or one 16-oz. can, drained
1/2 cup sliced celery
2 tablespoons each chopped parsley and green onion
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 -3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon each pepper, red pepper and tarragon
Combine chicken, beans, celery, parsley and green onion. Mix remaining ingredients well and toss with bean mixture. Cover and chill thoroughly. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Chef’s tip: Salad is especially attractive when arranged on lettuce-lined platter with baby carrots
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories-196, (From Fat-37%), Protein-18g, Carbohydrate-12g, Fat-8g, Sodium-316 mg, Potassium-359 mg, Dietary Fiber-5g, Calcium-31 mg, Iron-2mg, Vitamin A-220 iu, Vitamin C-5 mg, Cholesterol-42 mg
*For best results, soak and cook dry beans by preferred method.
Source: calbeans.org/republished with permission
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Green tea, green tea extract prevent fructose induced renal damage
- Statement from Tom Stenzel, President and CEO, United Fresh Produce Association
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- MSG: Its history, effects and what you can do to avoid it.
- Statins may cut pancreatic cancer risk in diabetes mellitus patients
Rate this article