Chef Erin's Recipe: Breakfast Fruit Bread with Oats
3/4 Cup Fruit of Your Choice (ex. blueberries, apples, cherries...)
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Oil (Your choice of healthy oil)
1 tsp Dry Yeast
1/4 Cup Oats
1 Tbsp Cinnamon Sugar
In a saucepan on medium heat bring the fruit, water, and cinnamon to a simmer.
Let cook until the fruit is tender; set aside to cool.
When fruit has cooled to room temperature pour into bread machine, then add flours, sugar and maple syrup, salt, oil, and yeast. In that order. (Yes, it matters)
Set your bread machine to the DOUGH setting.
When bread machine is done place dough in oiled bread loaf pan.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cover with a towel and place in a warm area, and let rise until doubled.
Uncover and spray top of dough with butter spray then gently sprinkle with oats and cinnamon sugar.
Carefully place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes.
Run a knife along the sides of the bread and gently lift from pan; cool on wire rack.
Makes 12 slices
Tip: This bread is great toasted, it brings out the flavors.
Nutrition Info Per Slice: Calories 111.5, Carbohydrate 21.4g, Protein 3g, Fat 1.7g
By Chef Erin
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Environmental Medicine Training Course with Jeffrey Smith on GMOs
- Baltimore City Council Unanimously Passes Resolution Calling for End to Overuse of Antibiotics on Factory Farms
- FDA Updates for Health Professionals - 012915
- Farm Bureau Case Challenging EPA's Right to Share Factory Farm Data Dismissed
- Documentary “Shots in the Dark” Delves into Catastrophic Vaccine Reactions
Rate this article