Craisin Apple Protein Bars
3 Cups Oats, not instant
4 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (can get a cheap kind at Walmart or your grocery store in the health/fitness isle)
.5 Ounce Ground Flaxseed (optional)
1/4 Cup Chopped Almonds (optional)
1/4 Cup Craisins
4 Ounce Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 Apple, peeled and cored
1 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Apple Butter
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine apple, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and water in a sauce pot on medium heat.
Simmer, uncovered, until apple is tender, remove from heat, let cool to room temperature.
In a blender, blend together the apple mixture, apple butter, and yogurt; set aside.
In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients well.
Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix well.
Place in greased baking pan and pat down.
Bake 25 minutes, let cool, and cut into 12 pieces.
Store in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings
Nutrition info per serving: Calories 158, Carbohydrates 24.5g, Protein 10.8g, Fat 3.3g
By Chef Erin
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Does olive oil reduce the risk of breast cancer?
- Recalls of Frozen Vegetables, Frozen Fruit, and Other Products Related to Investigation of Listeria Illnesses
- Zinc oxide increases oxidative stress
- Food Allergies: What You Need to Know
- USDA Urges Consumers to Keep Clear of the Danger Zone This Summer
Rate this article