Chef Erin's Recipe: Pulled Chipotle BBQ Chicken
(This recipe is for using your leftovers from a whole roast chicken)
Leftover Roast Chicken
1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo, pureed (found in the Mexican food isle at your grocery store)
1 Cup Barbecue Sauce
1 tsp Fresh Garlic, chopped
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Place roast chicken in large sauce pan.
Pour in enough water to cover chicken.
Add pureed chipotle pepper, 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, and garlic to the pan.
Cook on medium heat, uncovered, until chicken meat easily pulls from the bone and is very tender, this can take around an hour depending on the size of your chicken.
Remove chicken from water, save 1 cup of liquid.
Pull all chicken meat from the bones, remove fat and skin, and place chicken meat back in liquid.
Add remaining barbecue sauce to the liquid, add salt and pepper if desired, and cook on low until hot.
Nutrition info per 4 ounce serving: Calories 220, Carbohydrates 12g, Protein 32.5g, Fat 5g
By Chef Erin
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- More highly toxic compound superweed-killers on the way!
- Commentary: Colorado is Underdog in GMO Labeling Election Battle
- Four-state cattle conference set Dec. 10 in Texarkana
- Book news: Learn to Cook in Your Dutch Oven
- Radiation exposure linked to aggressive thyroid cancers