Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Green bean casserole is simply a casserole consisting of green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and french fried onion. Ground black pepper and soy sauce may also be used to boost the taste and flavor. Green bean casserole is a popular side dish for the Thanksgiving Day in the United States.
Green been casserole was said to be first created in 1955 by the Campbell Soup Company. Below is the Campbell's classic green bean casserole.
1 can of Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup;
1/2 cup milk;
1 teaspoon soy sauce;
Some ground black pepper;
4 cups of cooked cut green beans;
1 1/3 cups of French's french fried onions;
1, Mix soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup of onion in a 1 1/2-quart casserole
2, Heat the casserole at 350 oF for 25 min or until the casserole becomes hot and bubbling. Stir bean mix and sprinkle along with the remaining onions.
3, Cook for another 5 minutes or until brown color is formed on the onions.
Those who do not want to use canned soup may simply replace canned mushroom soup with some butter, cheese and vegetable soup.
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Elevated cholesterol and triglycerides may increase the risk for prostate cancer recurrence
- Stillbirth may increase women's long term risk for depression
- Doubling Down on Monsanto - Newsletter 03/26/15 from OCA
- WCRF - Drinking alcohol boosts risk of liver cancer
- Boosts Disruptive Hormone by 1000% in 5 Days - Avoid This Eating Mistake
Rate this article