Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Green bean casserole is simply a casserole consisting of green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and french fried onion. Ground black pepper and soy sauce may also be used to boost the taste and flavor. Green bean casserole is a popular side dish for the Thanksgiving Day in the United States.
Green been casserole was said to be first created in 1955 by the Campbell Soup Company. Below is the Campbell's classic green bean casserole.
1 can of Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup;
1/2 cup milk;
1 teaspoon soy sauce;
Some ground black pepper;
4 cups of cooked cut green beans;
1 1/3 cups of French's french fried onions;
1, Mix soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup of onion in a 1 1/2-quart casserole
2, Heat the casserole at 350 oF for 25 min or until the casserole becomes hot and bubbling. Stir bean mix and sprinkle along with the remaining onions.
3, Cook for another 5 minutes or until brown color is formed on the onions.
Those who do not want to use canned soup may simply replace canned mushroom soup with some butter, cheese and vegetable soup.
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Million Hearts e-Update: July/August 2014 - CDC News
- Book News: Wellness Activist Melanie Young Announces "Fearless Fabulous You!" - New Book and Radio Show
- FDA Takes Steps to Strengthen Program to Assess the Safety of Chemicals in Foods, Other Products
- Single animal to human transmission event responsible for 2014 ebola outbreak
- Sugar sweetened beverages linked to larger waist circumference