Toppings/Sauces: Homemade Sour Cream
Try this instead of sour cream on beans, vegetables, fruit, and tortillas.
2 tablespoons skim milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
Place all ingredients in a blender, and combine on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
Serve with Tropical Fruit Compote (see any recipe that uses sour cream).
Yield: 8 servings--Serving size: 2 1/2 tablespoons
Each serving provides:
Total fat: Less than 1 g
Saturated fat: Less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 117 mg
Calcium: 24 mg
Iron: Less than 1 mg
- Drinking milk may boost Parkinson's disease risk
- Diet soda linked to high type 2 diabetes mellitus risk in men
- Eating magnesium rich foods cuts cardiovascular disease risk
- Got hypertension? Take vitamin C supplements!
- Red meat boosts type 2 diabetes mellitus risk in men
Rate this article