Toppings/Sauces: Homemade Sour Cream
Try this instead of sour cream on beans, vegetables, fruit, and tortillas.
2 tablespoons skim milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
Place all ingredients in a blender, and combine on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
Serve with Tropical Fruit Compote (see any recipe that uses sour cream).
Yield: 8 servings--Serving size: 2 1/2 tablespoons
Each serving provides:
Total fat: Less than 1 g
Saturated fat: Less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 117 mg
Calcium: 24 mg
Iron: Less than 1 mg
- Selenium, vitamin E supplements and prostate cancer risk
- Monsanto Loses GMO Labeling Battle in Vermont - newsletter from Organic Consumers Association
- Fluoride damages your brain, ginkgo biloba extract may help
- Vitamin D may indeed prevent breast cancer?
- Dental x-ray linked to brain tumors, thyroid cancer
Rate this article