Toppings/Sauces: Homemade Sour Cream
Try this instead of sour cream on beans, vegetables, fruit, and tortillas.
2 tablespoons skim milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
Place all ingredients in a blender, and combine on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
Serve with Tropical Fruit Compote (see any recipe that uses sour cream).
Yield: 8 servings--Serving size: 2 1/2 tablespoons
Each serving provides:
Total fat: Less than 1 g
Saturated fat: Less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 117 mg
Calcium: 24 mg
Iron: Less than 1 mg
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Commentary: Colorado is Underdog in GMO Labeling Election Battle
- Avoid These Antibiotics - Unless Your Life Depends Upon It
- More highly toxic compound superweed-killers on the way!
- Radiation exposure linked to aggressive thyroid cancers
- Diets high in fruit, vegetables, whole grains and nuts among factors to lower first-time stroke risk