Toppings/Sauces: Homemade Sour Cream
Try this instead of sour cream on beans, vegetables, fruit, and tortillas.
2 tablespoons skim milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
Place all ingredients in a blender, and combine on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
Serve with Tropical Fruit Compote (see any recipe that uses sour cream).
Yield: 8 servings--Serving size: 2 1/2 tablespoons
Each serving provides:
Total fat: Less than 1 g
Saturated fat: Less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 117 mg
Calcium: 24 mg
Iron: Less than 1 mg
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- DARK Act to get Senate hearing - letter from Organic Consumers Association
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- Physical Exercise cuts dementia risk
- Monsanto “Science” Ignores Weed Killers Linked To Cancer
- Food Industry Enlisted Academics in G.M.O. Lobbying War
Rate this article