Toppings/Sauces: Homemade Sour Cream
Try this instead of sour cream on beans, vegetables, fruit, and tortillas.
2 tablespoons skim milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
Place all ingredients in a blender, and combine on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
Serve with Tropical Fruit Compote (see any recipe that uses sour cream).
Yield: 8 servings--Serving size: 2 1/2 tablespoons
Each serving provides:
Total fat: Less than 1 g
Saturated fat: Less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 117 mg
Calcium: 24 mg
Iron: Less than 1 mg
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Focusing on Pleasure of Eating Makes People Choose Smaller Portions
- Primal Essence Debuts New Line of Organic Herbal Super Teas
- Healthy Recipes: Carrot and Apple Soup
- Crider Inc. Recalls Canned Organic Roasted Chicken Breast
- Trust the Feds? Are They Kidding? Newsletter 102716 from Organic Consumers Association
Rate this article