Healthy Eating Recipes: Asian-Style Steamed Salmon
Enjoy this simple, fast dish any weeknight
Recipe Source: Deliciously Healthy Dinners
Prep time - 15 minutes
Cook time - 10 minutes
Yields - 4 servings
Serving Size - 3 oz salmon, ¼ C broth
1 C low-sodium chicken broth
½ C shiitake mushroom caps, rinsed and sliced (or substitute dried shiitake mushrooms)
2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced (or 2 tsp ground)
¼ C scallions (green onions), rinsed and chopped
1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
1 Tbsp sesame oil (optional)
12 oz salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
1, Combine chicken broth, mushroom caps, ginger, scallions, soy sauce, and sesame oil (optional) in a large, shallow sauté pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
2, Add salmon fillets, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook gently over low heat for 4–5 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
3, Serve one piece of salmon with ¼ cup of broth.
Tip: Try it with a side of Sunshine Rice.
Total fat 9 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 48 mg
Sodium 208 mg
Total fiber 1 g
Protein 19 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Potassium 487 mg
Photo & Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Healthy Recipes: Ginger and Turmeric Hot Cider
- Baltimore City Council Unanimously Passes Resolution Calling for End to Overuse of Antibiotics on Factory Farms
- Documentary “Shots in the Dark” Delves into Catastrophic Vaccine Reactions
- Opioid painkillers widely prescribed among reproductive age women
- Elevated cholesterol and triglycerides may increase the risk for prostate cancer recurrence