Red Snapper Provencal
A crispy, Mediterranean-style fish fillet with tomatoes, olives, and anchovies
Recipe Source: Deliciously Healthy Dinners
Prep time Cook time Yields Serving Size
20 minutes 20 minutes 4 servings 3 oz fish, 1/2 C sauce
2 Tbsp olive oil
12 oz red snapper, bass, or tilapia fillets, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 3–4 cloves)
1/2 C low-sodium chicken broth
1 C canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1/4 C black olives, sliced
1/2 Tbsp anchovy paste (optional)
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped (or 1/2 Tbsp dried)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Total fat 10 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 43 mg
Sodium 341 mg
Total fiber 2 g
Protein 25 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Potassium 518 mg
1, Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-bottom sauté pan.
2, Add fillets, and sauté over high heat for 4–5 minutes on each side or until each side is golden brown and the fish flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
3, Remove fillets from the pan, cover to keep warm, and set aside. Drain excess fat from pan, but do not clean.
4, Add garlic to sauté pan, and cook for about 30 seconds, until it begins to soften. Do not brown.
5, Add chicken broth to the pan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add remaining ingredients, and return to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6, Serve each fish fillet with 1/2 cup of sauce.
Tip: Try serving with a side of steamed broccoli and crusty bread or Whole-Wheat Bow Tie Pasta With Puttanesca Sauce.
Photo & recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
™Keep the Beat is a trademark of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Fresh Frozen™ Vegetables Recalled
- Hospira Issues A Voluntary Nationwide Recall Of One Lot Of Bupivacaine HCl Injection Due To Potential Iron Oxide Particulate In Glass Vials
- Organic Watchdog Grows Scientific Staff, Leadership Capacity The Cornucopia Institute Adds Staff, Announces Board Election Results
- Prominent Government Watchdog Asks Obama Administration to Remove Organic Leadership at USDA
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
Rate this article