Healthy Recipes: Chicken Orientale
With no added salt and very little oil in the marinade, these broiled or grilled kabobs made with skinless chicken breasts are lower in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 fresh mushrooms
to taste black pepper
8 parboiled whole white onions
2 oranges, quartered
8 canned pineapple chunks
8 cherry tomatoes
1 can (6 oz) frozen, concentrated apple juice, thawed
1 C dry white wine
2 Tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
dash ground ginger
2 Tbsp vinegar
1/4 C vegetable oil
Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper.
Thread 8 skewers as follows: chicken, mushroom, chicken, onion, chicken, orange quarter, chicken, pineapple chunk, cherry tomato.
Place kabobs in shallow pan.
Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over kabobs. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
Drain. Broil 6 inches from heat, 15 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade every 5 minutes. Discard any leftover marinade.
Yield: 8 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 chicken breast kabob
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 11 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Sodium: 226 mg
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Take Action! China and the GMO Tipping Point
- Latest USDA Scandal: Organic Program Dismisses Legal Complaints Targeting Factory Farms — Without Investigating
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- Elevated cholesterol and triglycerides may increase the risk for prostate cancer recurrence
- Celastrol may be the most potent anti-obesity agent
Rate this article