Healthy Recipes: Chicken Orientale
With no added salt and very little oil in the marinade, these broiled or grilled kabobs made with skinless chicken breasts are lower in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 fresh mushrooms
to taste black pepper
8 parboiled whole white onions
2 oranges, quartered
8 canned pineapple chunks
8 cherry tomatoes
1 can (6 oz) frozen, concentrated apple juice, thawed
1 C dry white wine
2 Tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
dash ground ginger
2 Tbsp vinegar
1/4 C vegetable oil
Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper.
Thread 8 skewers as follows: chicken, mushroom, chicken, onion, chicken, orange quarter, chicken, pineapple chunk, cherry tomato.
Place kabobs in shallow pan.
Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over kabobs. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
Drain. Broil 6 inches from heat, 15 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade every 5 minutes. Discard any leftover marinade.
Yield: 8 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 chicken breast kabob
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 11 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Sodium: 226 mg
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Healthy Recipes: Ginger and Turmeric Hot Cider
- 75% of supermarket foods contain this: GMO
- Baltimore City Council Unanimously Passes Resolution Calling for End to Overuse of Antibiotics on Factory Farms
- Documentary “Shots in the Dark” Delves into Catastrophic Vaccine Reactions
- Opioid painkillers widely prescribed among reproductive age women
Rate this article