Healthy Recipes: Chicken Orientale
With no added salt and very little oil in the marinade, these broiled or grilled kabobs made with skinless chicken breasts are lower in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 fresh mushrooms
to taste black pepper
8 parboiled whole white onions
2 oranges, quartered
8 canned pineapple chunks
8 cherry tomatoes
1 can (6 oz) frozen, concentrated apple juice, thawed
1 C dry white wine
2 Tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
dash ground ginger
2 Tbsp vinegar
1/4 C vegetable oil
Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper.
Thread 8 skewers as follows: chicken, mushroom, chicken, onion, chicken, orange quarter, chicken, pineapple chunk, cherry tomato.
Place kabobs in shallow pan.
Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over kabobs. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
Drain. Broil 6 inches from heat, 15 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade every 5 minutes. Discard any leftover marinade.
Yield: 8 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 chicken breast kabob
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 11 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Sodium: 226 mg
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Cold Soup is the Hottest Product Trend at BevNET Live Winter 2014 Conference
- Could vitamin D work better than influenza vaccine?
- Investigation: “Factory Farms” Producing Massive Quantities of Organic Milk and Eggs
- Caralluma fimbriata extract may prevent diabetes mellitus type 2 or insulin resistance
- Low glycemic diets may not improve cardiovascular outcomes when compared to high-glycemic diets