Bread: BANANA-NUT BREAD
Bananas and low-fat buttermilk give this old favorite its moistness and help lower the fat.
1 C mashed ripe bananas
1/3 C low-fat buttermilk
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/4 C margarine
2 C sifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly oil two 9x5-inch loaf pan.
Stir together mashed bananas and buttermilk; set aside.
Cream brown sugar and margarine together until light. Beat in egg. Add banana mixture; beat well.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add all at once to liquid ingredients. Stir until well blended.
Stir in nuts and turn into prepared pan.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan.
Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
Yield: One loaf--Serving Size: 1/2-inch slice
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 12 mg
Sodium: 138 mg
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Ebola: Expert Sounds Alarm Regarding Imperative, Yet Vastly Inadequate, Community Institution Mobilization
- Addiction Therapy for Drugs, Alcohol, Caffeine, and Sugar
- T.H.E.M. CEO to Present Snapsil® One-Handed Easy-Open Technology at Pack Expo 2014
- Bailey Farms Inc. Recalls Fresh Serrano Chile Peppers Because Of Possible Health Risk
- "Organic" fish farmed in the ocean? No thanks