Bread: BANANA-NUT BREAD
Bananas and low-fat buttermilk give this old favorite its moistness and help lower the fat.
1 C mashed ripe bananas
1/3 C low-fat buttermilk
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/4 C margarine
2 C sifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly oil two 9x5-inch loaf pan.
Stir together mashed bananas and buttermilk; set aside.
Cream brown sugar and margarine together until light. Beat in egg. Add banana mixture; beat well.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add all at once to liquid ingredients. Stir until well blended.
Stir in nuts and turn into prepared pan.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan.
Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
Yield: One loaf--Serving Size: 1/2-inch slice
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 12 mg
Sodium: 138 mg
(Send your news to [email protected], Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- 7 Natural Health Tips That Implement Daily
- Mt. Hood Meadows Presents Brew Year's Eve Celebration
- Natural therapy better than chemotherapy at treating pancreatic cancer
- Edward & Sons Trading Company Offers New Organic Foods
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
Rate this article