Potatoes: Garden Potato Salad
GARDEN POTATO SALAD
Low-fat cottage cheese is the secret to the dressing in this delicious low fat and saturated fat, low cholesterol, low sodium mixture of vegetables and herbs.
3 lb (about 6 large) potatoes, boiled in jackets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 C chopped celery
1/2 C sliced green onion
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
1 C low-fat cottage cheese
3/4 C skim milk
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp white pepper
In a large bowl, place potatoes, celery, green onion, and parsley.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, blend cottage cheese, milk, lemon juice, vinegar, celery seed, dill weed, dry mustard, and white pepper until smooth. Chill for 1 hour.
Pour chilled cottage cheese mixture over vegetables; mix well. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Yield: 10 servings--Serving Size: 1 cup
Each serving provides:
Total fat: less than 1 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 118 mg
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Diets high in fruit, vegetables, whole grains and nuts among factors to lower first-time stroke risk
- Organic Trade/Lobby Group Creates "Trojan Horse" to Represent Family Farmers
- Parents Overwhelmingly Support Fruits and Vegetables in School Meals
- Elevated cholesterol and triglycerides may increase the risk for prostate cancer recurrence
- Radiation exposure linked to aggressive thyroid cancers