Potatoes: Savory Potato Salad
SAVORY POTATO SALAD
Add fresh vegetables and herbs to give a tasty flavor to this potato salad.
6 medium potatoes (about 2 lbs)
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 stalks scallion, finely chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
1 egg hard boiled, chopped
6 Tbsps mayonnaise, light
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dill weed, dried
Wash potatoes, cut in half, and place them in cold water in a saucepan.
Cook covered over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
Drain and dice potatoes when cool.
Add vegetables and egg to potatoes and toss.
Blend together mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill weed.
Pour dressing over potato mixture and stir gently to coat evenly.
Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Makes 10 servings--Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fat 2 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 212 mg
(Send your news to [email protected], Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- What temperature to Cook a Turkey - Safe Cooking
- Mt. Hood Meadows Presents Brew Year's Eve Celebration
- Two Mothers from Wisconsin - Fluoridealert.org
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- Edward & Sons Trading Company Offers New Organic Foods
Rate this article