Healthy Recipes: Home-style biscuits
It’s easy to make homestyle biscuits with less fat.
2 cups flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsps sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk, 1% fat
3 Tbsps + 1 tsp vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 450° F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
In a small bowl, stir together buttermilk and oil. Pour over flour mixture; stir until well mixed.
On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes.
Roll or pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness.
Cut with a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, dipping cutter in flour between cuts.
Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Makes 15 servings--Serving Size: 1 (2-inch) biscuit
Fat 3 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol less than 1 mg
Sodium 72 mg
- Omega 3 fatty acids improve conditions induced by vitamin B12 deficiency/supplementation
- Healthy Recipes: Red Berry Pudding with Cream
- FAN's Translation Project
- Aspartame controversy: Aspartame linked to antioxidant imbalance, mild vascular congestion
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing