Lancaster County Pork and sauerkraut recipe
Pork and sauerkraut is a popular dish served on the New Year’s Day in Pennsylvania to say the least. This recipe is easy to use and the taste is great. Try it at home and enjoy the day.
Ingredients for the pork and sauerkraut recipe
4 pounds of pork loin
1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
Salt and pepper
2 cups of sauerkraut
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
Place pork loin in a slow cooker. If necessary, cut pork loin to fit in the slow cooker. Season pork with caraway seeds and add salt and pepper the pork to taste. Pour sauerkraut along with apple cider vinegar over the pork loin.
Cook on high for one hour and then cook on low for another 5o to 6 hours.
Make sure the internal temperature of the roast reaches at least 160 degrees F.
The pork roast is often served with mashed potatoes and apple sauce.
(Send your news to [email protected], Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Organizing a Consumer and Political Revolution 2017-2020 - newsletter 021617 from Organic Consumers Association
- White wine drinkers more likely to develop melanoma
- Turmeric based herbal supplement as effective as antidiabetic drug
- Mistletoe cancer treatment reviewed
- Will U.S. Slaughterhouses Be Targeted for Immigration Raids?