Healthy Recipes: Zucchini Lasagna
1/2 pound cooked lasagna noodles, (in unsalted water)
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, part-skim, grated
1 1/2 cup cottage cheese, fat free
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 1/2 cup zucchini, raw, sliced
2 1/2 cup tomato sauce, no salt added
2 tsp basil, dried
2 tsp oregano, dried
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1/8 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
In a small bowl, combine 1/8 cup mozzarella and 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese with all of the
cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce
in the bottom of the baking dish. Add a third of the noodles in a single layer.
Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture on top. Add a layer of zucchini. Repeat layering.
Add a thin coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce, and reserved cheese mixture.
Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 6 portions.
Makes 6 servings--Serving size: 1 piece
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 380 mg
- Cystine based antioxidant prevents aging-related loss of muscle mass
- Colorado Firm Recalls Meat And Poultry Products That Were Produced Under Insanitary Conditions
- CRN Comments on USPSTF Draft Recommendation Statement
- Chinese herbal medicine may help type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Ontario, Canada Firm Recalls Prosciutto Ham Product For Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination