Where can I find current severe weather reports?
To see current severe weather reports for the U.S. as a whole, and for local watches, warnings, and advisories by state, visit the FAQ at USA.gov.
The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) provides short-term forecasts of hazardous weather to the 48 contiguous states. The SPC issues tornado and severe thunderstorm watches, severe weather outlooks, and updates on various forms of hazardous weather including heavy rain, winter storms, and fire weather events. The Center relays forecasts of organized severe weather as much as three days ahead of time, and continually refines the forecast until the event has concluded. To view current severe weather reports for the 48 contiguous states, please visit the SPC's Storm Reports web page.
Hawaii and its Surrounding Waters
The National Weather Service's (NWS) Weather Forecast Office in Honolulu, Hawaii, issues severe weather watches, warnings, advisories and statements for the state of Hawaii and its surrounding waters. This office provides the most recent information onflooding, high surf and coastal marine warnings. The Weather Forecast Office also activates the Central Pacific Hurricane Center when there is a tropical system in the central Pacific. For more information, or to see what watches, warnings, advisories or statements are in effect for your location, please visit the Hawaii Current Hazards web page.
Alaska and its Surrounding Waters
The NWS's Alaska Region provides weather forecasts, hydrologic forecasts, climate forecasts, and volcanic ash andtsunami warnings for the state of Alaska and its surrounding waters. The region's marine forecast and warning area spans from the Canadian border to the Russian border, and from Dixon Entrance north. This includes the Gulf of Alaska, the Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands and the Arctic Coast. To view current watches, warnings and advisories in Alaska, please visit the Alaska Region Headquarters' web page.
- Local NWS Watches, Warnings and Advisories
- Links to Information about Weather Related Warnings and Watches
- Current Tsunami Advisories
- Hurricane and Tropical Storm Watch/Warning Breakpoints
- General Information on Preparing for Severe Weather
- Emergency Situations and Natural Disasters
- The Atlantic Hurricane Season
- NOAA Weather Radio (NWR)
by USA.gov team
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- What temperature to Cook a Turkey - Safe Cooking
- How long to cook a thanksgiving turkey per pound
- Can we win GMO labeling on a recount in Oregon? Newsletter from Organic Consumers Association
- Featured products: chill soda
- Ebola vaccine seems safe, prompts immune response