11 year old gives birth to baby boy: What lesson can we learn?
News broke that one 11-year-old girl gave birth to a baby boy, and the infant is beautiful, said the girl's mother cited by news media.
It is not a good idea to have any baby at such an young age even though early full term pregnancy may drastically reduce her risk of breast cancer.
The bad things for a 11-year-old mom are more than the new mother can handle. Just because she ovulate eggs periodically already, the young mother's body and mind is not ready to have a baby. She is supposed to spend more time being a girl rather than a mother.
What lesson can we learn from this story?
Many parents may not know this: Eating too much meat and dairy products may help girls enter their puberty earlier than they are supposed to.
One study in the April 2009 issue of Osteoporosis International found high levels of serum IGF-1 in those who drank more milk.
IGF-1 is indicative of other growth hormones. The study suggests that drinking milk boosts production of growth hormones, which promote the body growth.
To prevent girls like 11-year-olds from getting mature too early, parents should have their girls eat more vegetables and grains and avoid consuming too much meat and dairy products.
By Sue Mueller
Editor's note: The article is not fully substantiated and readers should take it as a personal opinion.
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Latest USDA Scandal: Organic Program Dismisses Legal Complaints Targeting Factory Farms — Without Investigating
- Which eggs have recently been recalled?
- Elevated cholesterol and triglycerides may increase the risk for prostate cancer recurrence
- What's REALLY in Chicken Products? You Don't Want To Know
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing