42 Practical Ways To Improve Yourself
Posted by Dr. Mercola | April 24 2010
“Are you someone who likes to grow? Do you constantly seek to improve yourself and become better?” this Lifehack article asks.
Like the author of this article, I too am passionate about personal growth, which is why I wanted to share their list of 42 practical ways to improve yourself.
Here are the first 20:
- Read a book every day. Books are concentrated sources of wisdom. The more books you read, the more wisdom you expose yourself to.
- Learn a new language. The process of becoming acquainted with a new language and culture is a mind-opening experience.
- Pick up a new hobby. Learning something new requires you to stretch yourself in different aspects, whether physically, mentally or emotionally.
- Take up a new course. Courses are a great way to gain new knowledge and skills.
- Create an inspirational room. Your environment sets the mood and tone for you.
- Overcome your fears. Recognize that your fears reflect areas where you can grow.
- Level up your skills. If you have played video games before especially RPGs, you’ll know the concept of leveling up -- gaining experience so you can be better and stronger.
- Wake up early. Waking up early has been acknowledged by many as a way to improve your productivity and your quality of life.
- Have a weekly exercise routine. A better you starts with being in better physical shape.
- Start your life handbook. This is a book which contains the essentials on how you can live your life to the fullest, such as your purpose, your values and goals.
- Write a letter to your future self. Start working to become the person you want to open that letter.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Real growth comes with hard work and sweat.
- Put someone up to a challenge. Competition is one of the best ways to grow.
- Identify your blind spots. Discovering our blind spots help you discover your areas which need improvement.
- Ask for feedback. Asking for feedback gives us an additional perspective.
- Stay focused with to-do lists. This will help you stay focused.
- Set Big Hairy Audacious Goals (BHAGs). BHAGs stretch you beyond your normal capacity since they are big and audacious.
- Acknowledge your flaws. Everyone has flaws. What’s most important is to understand them, acknowledge them, and address them.
- Get into action. The best way to learn and improve is to take action.
- Learn from people who inspire you. What are the qualities in them you want to have for yourself? How can you acquire these qualities?
For the remaining 22 tips, please see the source link below
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Tobacco Smoking Linked to Breast Cancer
- Xolair (omalizumab): Drug Safety Communication - Slightly Elevated Risk of Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Serious Adverse Events
- Is This Why So Many People Seem to Be Gluten Intolerant Today?
- Omega 3 fatty acids may help patients with ear, nose and throat cancer
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing