Federal government closed Thursday - update
Editor's note: This is an updated version to inform interested readers of the federal government’s decision to close its operation on Thursday Feb 11, 2010 in the Washington DC area. The Office of Personnel Management at opm.gov announced this decision late this afternoon.
(This OPM operating status is only applicable to federal government employees working in the Washington DC area.)
Yes, It is official now that federal government is closed Thursday Feb 11, 2010, according to OPM.gov. Obviously, the federal government is closed on Thursday not because of its budget, but because of the big snow storm.
The posted message reads: the federal government operating status in the Washington DC area. It says "Closed. Federal agencies in the Washington DC area are closed."
What the notice essentially says is that all non emergency government employees will be granted an excused absence for the number of hours they are scheduled to work. But this rule does not apply to employees on leave without pay of any type. Nevertheless, telework employees may be expected to work on their telework sites. Emergency employees should report for work on time. Employees on alternative work schedules will not get compensated for the closed workday.
The notice was Posted on February 10, 2010 at 6:50 PM
Next time you need to know federal government operating status, check out foodconsumer.org rather than opm.gov, which is likely ‘. . . inaccessible due to heavy traffic.”
For more details, visit http://www.opm.gov/status/
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Organic Watchdog Grows Scientific Staff, Leadership Capacity The Cornucopia Institute Adds Staff, Announces Board Election Results
- Vitamin C may protect against Alzheimer's disease
- Prominent Government Watchdog Asks Obama Administration to Remove Organic Leadership at USDA
- Elevated cholesterol and triglycerides may increase the risk for prostate cancer recurrence
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing