Can't get your wife pregnant? Eat tons of fatty fish!
If you as a man feel frustrated with your ability to get your wife pregnant, you might want to consider trying omega 3 fatty acids. A University of Illinois study suggests consuming omega-3 fatty acids may boost your fertility by making more high quality sperm.
The study resulted in evidence suggesting that a little-known omega-3 called docosahexaenoic acid or DHA may have implications for treating male infertility.
In the study, Manabu Nakamura and colleagues found mice that lacked the gene responsible for an enzyme important in synthesizing DHA were infertile.
The problem the researchers found is that mice lacking the gene produced extremely low amounts of high quality sperm. The sperm produced were round instead of normally elongated and they had no mobility.
Amazingly when mice were fed a diet fortified with DHA, their fertility was restored.
Fatty fish high in DHA is known to be good for men. Men eating lots fatty fish may have already known that eating fatty fish helps them make more "stuff" and they would feel fully loaded when they ejaculate.
By Jimmy Downs
Source: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Green tea, green tea extract prevent fructose induced renal damage
- Statement from Tom Stenzel, President and CEO, United Fresh Produce Association
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- Statins may cut pancreatic cancer risk in diabetes mellitus patients
- MSG: Its history, effects and what you can do to avoid it.