Tell EPA: We have the right to know
For almost 30 years the American people have been waiting for the EPA to release their report on the health impacts of dioxin. We know dioxin is one of the most toxic chemicals on the planet, but without a final report, the EPA’s and state governments’ hands are tied to meaningfully protect us from this unnecessary hazardous chemical that is building up in our food and bodies.
The EPA was poised to release this report last month, but unfortunately theygave into pressure from the chemical industry by once again delaying the release of this crucial health report. EPA's inaction has generated a wave of media coverage around the country, from the Wall Street Journal and CNN, to Good Magazine.
We've been waiting since 1985 -- we can’t let them get away with this any longer! That's where you come in.
Help us send a powerful message to EPA: We have a right to know about the health hazards of toxic dioxin, and we won’t be denied this right anymore. Here's what you can do:
1) They say a picture is worth a thousand words. That's why we're asking you to take a picture of yourself, friends, family, and/or children holding this sign highlighting how we've been denied the right to know about dioxin's toxic hazards.
4) Include a short message in your e-mail about why you're concerned EPA has denied you the right to know about the health hazards of dioxin.
5) Please be sure to CC us at CPOC.Intern2@chej.org so we can track how many people send in photos. We plan to collect them all and post them on our website to make sure the EPA hears our call loud and clear.
So, can you do it? It should only take a few minutes, and would be a huge help!
Trust me, you’re not alone. Vietnam Veterans, breast cancer advocates, environmental justice leaders and many others have raised their voices and called on EPA to finalize this study once and for all. Thousands of people and organizations have signed a letter calling on EPA to finalize this report.
With your help, we can win this crucial fight.
Center for Health, Environment & Justice (CHEJ)
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- OCA Sues General Mills-Owned Nature Valley - newsletter 082516 from Organic Consumers Association
- Antioxidants prevent aggressive prostate cancer
- Monsanto + Bayer = Trouble - from Center for Food Safety
- One reason why mobile phones can increase cancer risk
- Red meat, dairy products linked to non-Hodgkin lymphoma