Roundup harms beneficial gut bacteria
A study by scientists at Leipzig University found that Roundup herbicide negatively impacted the gastrointestinal bacteria of poultry tested in vitro. The researchers found that highly pathogenic bacteria resisted Roundup, whereas beneficial bacteria were moderately to highly susceptible to it. The study provides a scientific basis to farmer reports of increased gastrointestinal disease in animals fed GM Roundup Ready soy, which is tolerant to Roundup.
An interesting video shows how Danish egg producer Claus Storgaard found drastic improvements in the health and egg production of his hens after changing from GM to non-GM soy feed.
Originally published on http://www.responsibletechnology.org/posts/roundup-harms-beneficial-gut-bacteria/
(Send your news to email@example.com, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- APEC News: Scientist’s Traffic Prediction System Cuts Congestion in Bangkok
- Glaser Organic Farms Recalls Organic Carob Powder For Possible SalmonellaContamination
- Onion protects against type 2 diabetes mellitus
- 11 Surprising Factors That Mess With Your Memory
- Is This Why So Many People Seem to Be Gluten Intolerant Today?