Roundup harms beneficial gut bacteria
A study by scientists at Leipzig University found that Roundup herbicide negatively impacted the gastrointestinal bacteria of poultry tested in vitro. The researchers found that highly pathogenic bacteria resisted Roundup, whereas beneficial bacteria were moderately to highly susceptible to it. The study provides a scientific basis to farmer reports of increased gastrointestinal disease in animals fed GM Roundup Ready soy, which is tolerant to Roundup.
An interesting video shows how Danish egg producer Claus Storgaard found drastic improvements in the health and egg production of his hens after changing from GM to non-GM soy feed.
Originally published on http://www.responsibletechnology.org/posts/roundup-harms-beneficial-gut-bacteria/
(Send your news to [email protected], Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Mt. Hood Meadows Presents Brew Year's Eve Celebration
- Turmeric based herbal supplement as effective as antidiabetic drug
- Two Mothers from Wisconsin - Fluoridealert.org
- Edward & Sons Trading Company Offers New Organic Foods
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing