GMO - What can you do about it?
If you have never heard about genetically modified organisms(GMOs), you may not know that they may be one of the most dangerous health and environmental problems we face. Animal studies show GMOs cause immune and insulin problems,organ damage, gastrointestinal dysfunction, accelerated aging, and higher death rates. Those risks have lead The American Academy of Environmental Medicine to ask physicians to advise all patients to avoid GM foods.
The Campaign’s goal is push GMOs out of the entire food supply, protecting our health and the health of future generations.
The key is creating a tipping point where a sufficient number of shoppers in the US avoid GM ingredients, and force major food companies to stop using them. We’ve already seen a tipping point in the use of genetically engineered bovine growth hormone (rbGH or rbST) in the U.S. Consumer concerns forced Wal-Mart, Starbucks, Kroger, Dannon, Yoplait and most of the 100 top US dairies to remove products from cows treated with rbGH or rbST. It’s time to turn GMOs into a marketing liability and reach the tipping point against all GM ingredients.
Help Push GMOs Out of the Food Supply
Start eating healthier now! Use the Non-GMO Shopping Guide to eliminate GMOs from your diet. Buy non-GMO and organic food products and ask your local store managers to carry non-GMO products.
Join the Campaign!
Become a member (it’s free!) …. and be a part of the Non-GMO tipping point. Keep current on the issues with our e-newsletter Spilling the Beans.
Get the Facts… about the health risks of GMOs and how to avoid them. Quickly become an “expert” on GMOs by using the information provided here.
Involve Others by Taking Local Action
Spread the Word…to friends and family members. Help others learn how to avoid GMOS.
Engage Your Community
Use the Campaign materials and Action Tool Kits at our website to engage your community and create a buzz on this issue:
• Send this information through your social media networks
• Distribute Non-GMO educational materials at events
• Organize a house party to show one of our DVDs
• Inspire restaurants to offer non-GM food
• Get other organizations involved
• Meet with others to form a local action group
By working together, we can reach the tipping point of consumer rejection and Make It Happen!
Questions? Click here to contact us.
Don’t forget to Sign the Petition to President Obama for meaningful GMO labeling!
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Bedessee Imports Inc., Voluntarily Recalls Brown Betty Coconut Milk Powder Due to Presence of Undeclared Milk
- LQNN, Inc. Recalls Poultry, Beef and Pork Products Produced Without the Benefit of Inspection and Misbranded With Unauthorized Use of the USDA Mark of Inspection
- Latest USDA Scandal: Organic Program Dismisses Legal Complaints Targeting Factory Farms — Without Investigating
- Addictive and Toxic: Found in Bread, Pasta Sauce and Salad Dressing
- Elevated cholesterol and triglycerides may increase the risk for prostate cancer recurrence