Chicken Enchilada Products Recalled
CLASS II RECALL FSIS-RC-070-2012
October 30, 2012 Congressional and Public Affairs
WASHINGTON, Oct. 30, 2012 – Food Source, L.P., a McKinney, Texas, establishment, is recalling approximately 11,400 pounds of frozen chicken enchilada products that may contain foreign materials, fragments of plastic, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The products subject to recall include: [View Label]
- 57-oz. boxes of “Bremer Party Size White Meat Chicken Enchiladas”
The cartons bear the establishment number “P-13130” inside the USDA mark of inspection and the UPC code 0-41498-16921-3. The products have a best by date of “09/30/13.” The products were packaged on Aug. 31, 2012 and shipped to retail stores in New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
The company alerted FSIS of the problem after receiving two consumer complaints. FSIS and the firm have received no reports of injury associated with consumption of this product. Anyone concerned about an injury should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and to ensure that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Anyone with questions about the recall should contact Richard Riccardi at (972) 548-9001.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. “Ask Karen” live chat services are available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day.
(Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org, Foodconsumer.org is part of the Infoplus.com ™ news and information network)
- Investigation: “Factory Farms” Producing Massive Quantities of Organic Milk and Eggs
- Cold Soup is the Hottest Product Trend at BevNET Live Winter 2014 Conference
- 5 Ways to Amp Up your New Year’s Diet Resolution
- Caralluma fimbriata extract may prevent diabetes mellitus type 2 or insulin resistance
- FDA MedWatch - 0.9 Percent Sodium Chloride Injection USP in 100 mL MINI-BAG PLUS Container by Baxter: Recall - Particulate Matter