In the 1960s, researchers discovered a revolutionary formula that has saved the lives of millions of children around the world: Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS). ORS is a deceptively simple combination of natural sugars, table salt and small amounts of necessary chemicals such as potassium. It's cheap, and it's even possible to make ORS at home. But, as Rose Hoban reports, it's not always the solution of choice for some parents.
Feb 27, 2009 (foodconsumer.org) -- Taking certain nutrient supplements like beta-carotene and some other carotenoid-containing dietary supplements may raise the risk of lung cancer, particularly in smokers, a study published in the Feb 2009 issue of the American Journal of Epidemiology suggests....
The Food and Drug Administration on June 3 issued an alert that a Salmonella outbreak appears to be linked to consumption of certain types of raw tomatoes and products made of raw red tomatoes. ...
- Bacillus Coagulans help irritable bowel syndrome
- Healthy Recipes: Chilled Fruit Soup
- Common antibiotic boosts heart death risk
- Corporate Lobbyists/Influence Peddlers Eroding Organic Standards - Newsletter from The Cornucopia Institute
- New Half-Hour Series Food Forward TV Premieres September 2014 on PBS